Hyundai Creta’s sales in India exceed 6,00,000 units

Ajit Dalvi

popular modern Creta Another sales milestone has been achieved, with more than 6,00,000 units sold since its first launch in 2015.

  • Hyundai Creta achieved this milestone in less than 6 years.
  • The last 100,000 units were sold in the past 8 months.
  • The second-generation Creta is one of the highest-selling models in its market segment.

Hyundai Creta sales milestones

The most recent sales of 1,00,000 vehicles appeared in only 8 months, and Creta broke through the 500,000 sales mark in August 2020. This is a trustworthy achievement for the country’s best-selling SUV, as it was hit by COVID-19 last year-leading to lockdowns and poor market sentiment.

The sales milestone of 600,000 units was achieved in 70 months or less than six years. According to statistics from our sister publication OurProfessional, a total of 6,06,743 Cretas have been sold in India since its launch. Released on July 21, 2015.

The diesel version accounts for 3,99,787 units of Creta, or 66%, while the gasoline Creta has been purchased by 2,06,956 buyers, who make up the remaining 34% of sales. The strong demand for diesel Creta powered by the 1.5-liter US CRDI has not weakened, and unlike some automakers that have been slow to make progress in diesel power, Hyundai Motor is benefiting from its diesel drive.

The second generation of Creta brings new challenges to sales

Surge in demand New crita It only further promotes the achievements of the first generation Creta.Despite the loss of sales caused by COVID-19, especially at the beginning of fiscal year 2021 (FY), the second-generation model Launched on March 16, 2020, With sales of 1,39,204 units in the 14 months ending April 2021, and it remains the best-selling utility vehicle in India. The new Creta was launched at an introduction price of 99.9 million rupees (ex-showroom), with five engine gearbox configurations and five trim levels.

Interestingly, more than 20% of the new Creta’s sales come from automatic powertrain options-1.5 liters of MPi gasoline (6MT/IVT), 1.5 liters of U2 CRDi diesel (6MT/6AT) and 1.4 liters of Kappa Turbo GDi gasoline (7DCT). More than 51% of Indian sales came from higher-spec SX and SX(O) interiors, and sales of 1.5-liter U2 CRDi BS6 diesel-powered models contributed more than 60%.

The sales of the new Creta have had an impact on the overall performance of the Indian SUV segment. In the 2021 fiscal year, the SUV segment broke through the million-unit sales milestone for the first time-10,60,750 units, and Creta contributed 1,20,035 or 11% of total UV sales in the previous fiscal year.

More than 221,000 Hyundai Cretas exported

What adds strength to the Creta story is the export performance of the SUV.According to the data analysis of our sister publication OurProfessional, a total of 2,21,626 Creta It has been exported to the end of April 2021 (see statistical table). It also helped Hyundai Motor to regain its No. 1 export crown in fiscal year 2020 and retain the crown in fiscal year 2021.

Modern future plan

Looking to the future, Hyundai is preparing to launch three rows Alcazar on June 18In addition, the internally called micro SUV Hyundai AX1 May come to India sometime early next year.

See also:

Hyundai Creta gets a new SX Executive variant

Hyundai Creta’s facelift project is in progress

Hyundai Alcazar pre-orders begin, interior revealed

You May Also Like